Join MAVT today and become a part of a dedicated team of professionals participating in the advancement of their profession and having fun doing it.
Why your membership is important:
With your support and participation, MAVT is able to represent and promote the field of veterinary technology within our state wide community. We are able to offer our members quality continuing education and help build working relationships between veterinarians and technicians. Through fundraising and volunteering we are able to support and collaborate with other animal oriented organizations. Your membership also allows veterinary technician students in Minnesota the opportunity to be awarded one of five $1000 scholarships. With an additional award to a student who has shown exceptional work within the community to qualify for the additional $1000 Mollie Jean Mahowald Award.
Every member of MAVT is entitled to the following membership benefits:
Every member of MAVT is entitled to the following membership benefits: Check back to see what new great benefits we’ve added.
- MAVT monthly online newsletter the “Voice”…email version coming soon!
- Reduced or complimentary registration fee for CE Events
- Attend our annual Association Meeting held in February where your voting can influence the future of MAVT (pre-registration is required)
- Discounts on various CE, services, hotels/rental cars, stethoscopes, online training through Companion Animal Euthanasia Training Academy (CAETA), veterinary gifts, veterinary apparel and more!
- Merck Manuals – Free online access to the Merck Manuals
- BenefitHub – Various Discounts depending on service and carrier
- I love Veterinary- 15% discount on any item in store
- Ren-Lor Stethoscopes – 20% discount off any purchase
- Veterinary Survival box- 10% discount on Veterinary Survival Box subscription.
- Working Advantage – Save on Everyday Essentials, Big Ticket Purchases, and More!
- Meeting new people and building new relationships
- Current website with access to a Membership Only Area
- Listings of additional CE available
- Job postings
- Powerful representation through MAVT on various state and national industry platforms
- Become a volunteer on any of our various committees!
- Representation with the MVMA and National representation through NAVTA
- Being a part of a dedicated team of professionals promoting technicians and the veterinary community
Your membership also allows veterinary technician students in Minnesota the opportunity to be awarded one of five $1000 scholarships. With an additional award to a student who has shown exceptional work within the community to qualify for the additional $1000 Mollie Jean Mahowald Award.
What are the different types of membership?
Active Members shall be those persons who are Certified, Licensed, or Registered as a Veterinary Technician. Active Members shall have voting privileges and shall be eligible to hold office and serve on committees. Yearly Fee $35.00
Student Members shall be those persons who are enrolled in an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Education Program. Student Members shall not be eligible to vote in Association affairs, but may serve on committees. Yearly fee is $20.00.
Associate Members include those persons not described in the Active or Student Membership Categories, including veterinarians, office personnel, clinic staff, and all other persons directly related to Veterinary Technology and who are interested in supporting and promoting the Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians. Associate Members shall not be eligible to serve as officers and shall not vote in Association affairs. Associate Members may serve on committees. Yearly Fee $35.00
*For New (active and associate members) : There is an additional $20 processing fee.
Membership runs from January 1- December 31 each year.
Become a member today by registering ONLINE!
** If you wish not to renew your membership or become a member on-line please print out this application and mail it in with your payment. You will be expected to include an additional $20 processing fee MAVT mail in membership form
Questions ?? email email@example.com