Join MAVT today and become a part of a dedicated team of professionals participating in the advancement of their profession and having fun doing it.
Why your membership is important:
With your support and participation, MAVT is able to represent and promote the field of veterinary technology within our state wide community. We are able to offer our members quality continuing education and help build working relationships between veterinarians and technicians. Through fundraising and volunteering we are able to support and collaborate with other animal oriented organizations.
Every member of MAVT is entitled to the following membership benefits:
- MAVT monthly online newsletter the “Voice”
- Reduced registration fee for the Annual MAVT Convention held in February.
- Free lunch during the Board Meeting held during the Annual MAVT Convention (pre-registration is needed to attend this lunch)
- A free CE lecture and lunch at different locations across the state for National Veterinary Technician Week in October every year
- Meeting new people and building new relationships
- Current website with access to a Membership Only Area
- Listings of additional CE available
- Job postings
- Representation with the MVMA
- National representation through NAVTA
- Being a part of a dedicated team of professionals promoting technicians and the veterinary community
What are the different types of membership?
Active Members shall be those persons who are Certified, Licensed, or Registered as a Veterinary Technician. Active Members shall have voting privileges and shall be eligible to hold office and serve on committees. Yearly fee is $35.00.**After February 28th you will be charged a $20 late fee **
Student Members shall be those persons who are enrolled in an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Education Program. Student Members shall not be eligible to vote in Association affairs, but may serve on committees. Yearly fee is $20.00.
Associate Members include those persons not described in the Active or Student Membership Categories, including veterinarians, office personnel, clinic staff, and all other persons directly related to Veterinary Technology and who are interested in supporting and promoting the Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians. Associate Members shall not be eligible to serve as officers and shall not vote in Association affairs. Associate Members may serve on committees. Yearly fee is $35.00 **After February 28th you will be charged a $20 late fee **
*For New Members or Active Members whose membership has expired (after Feb. 28th): There is an additional $20 processing fee/late fee.
Membership runs from January 1- December 31 each year.
If you wish not to renew on-line please print out this application and mail it in with your payment Membership Form