Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians Scholarship and Mollie Jean Mahowald Award
Students in Minnesota could be awarded one of five $1000 scholarships. Those students who have shown exceptional work within the community may also qualify for the additional $1000 Mollie Jean Mahowald Award.
Application for Winter 2020-21 Instructions:
- Applicants must be enrolled in and must be in good standing at an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Program in Minnesota.
- Applicants must be a student member of MAVT in good standing.
- Applicant are required to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants will need to have completed at least 50% of the program requirements.
- Applicants must complete a 500-word personal essay on the value of hiring credentialed veterinary technicians versus non-credential veterinary technicians.
- Applicants must have one letter confirming good academic standing from their AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program and at least one professional reference (community involvement or a place of employment).
- Essays and applications will be reviewed by the MAVT Board of Directors and the recipients of the scholarship awards will be announced at the MAVT business meeting in February 2021.
- Selection will be based on overall strength of the student’s submission:
- Clear thoughts and ideas about the assigned topic(s)
- Proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- With your essay you must include the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone contact
- Attending College/Veterinary College contact information/Program Director
- Your essay submission will be disqualified for the following reasons:
- Misspellings, punctuation, and improper use of grammar
- The submission did not provide a clear explanation, or it provided no explanation of the assigned essay topic(s)
All applications must be submitted electronically to the Education Chair: Leslie Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Thursday, December 31, 2020.