Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians Scholarship and Mollie Jean Mahowald Award
Students in Minnesota could be awarded one of five $1000 scholarships. Those students who have shown exceptional work within the community may also qualify for the additional $1000 Mollie Jean Mahowald Award.
2/6/21 Note: We are the the process up reviewing the breakdown of the scholarships that we award and our application process. We will update as soon as that is decided on. Please feel free to reach out to Leslie Epstein at email@example.com in the meantime.
Below is a SAMPLE of what we’ve required in the past:
- Applicants must be enrolled in and must be in good standing at an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Program in Minnesota.
- Applicants must be a student member of MAVT in good standing.
- Applicant are required to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants will need to have completed at least 50% of the program requirements.
- Applicants must complete a 500-word personal essay . Topic of essay to be determined- Please email Leslie Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org for the most recent topic information.
- Applicants must have one letter confirming good academic standing from their AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program and at least one professional reference (community involvement or a place of employment).
- Essays and applications will be reviewed by the MAVT Board of Directors and the recipients of the scholarship awards will be announced at the MAVT business meeting in February 2022.
- Selection will be based on overall strength of the student’s submission:
- Clear thoughts and ideas about the assigned topic(s)
- Proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- With your essay you must include the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone contact
- Attending College/Veterinary College contact information/Program Director
- Your essay submission will be disqualified for the following reasons:
- Misspellings, punctuation, and improper use of grammar
- The submission did not provide a clear explanation, or it provided no explanation of the assigned essay topic(s)
All applications must be submitted electronically to the Education Chair: Leslie Epstein at email@example.com by midnight on Thursday, December 31, 2021.