Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians Scholarship and Mollie Jean Mahowald Award
Students in Minnesota have the opportunity to be awarded one of five $1000 scholarships. Students who have shown exceptional work within the community may also qualify for the additional $1000 Mollie Jean Mahowald Award.
Application for Winter 2019
Interested applicants contact : Interim Chair: Leslie Epstein Stpaularea@mavt.net
Previous years instructions for reference only- Contact Leslie for the most up to date instructions.
1. Applicants must attend and be in good standing at an AVMA accredited college in Minnesota.
2. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
3. Applicants must have completed at least 50% of the program requirements.
4. Applicants must complete a 500 word personal essay on the value of hiring credentialed veterinary technicians and the importance of community involvement in Minnesota.
5. Applicants must have one letter of recommendation of good standing from school, community involvement, or a place of employment.
6. All applications must be submitted electronically.
7. All applications must be submitted to the Education Chair
8. Essays and applications will be reviewed by the board and announced at the convention, February 2020.
Veterinary Technology Program Contact Information: